- ½ cup olive oil
- 30-40 live scorpions, washed
- 4 ounces fresh pork
- 1 large garlic bulb, crushed
- fresh ginger root, about one-inch piece, chopped
- salt and pepper
- ½ liter water
- 1 handful dried Chinese dates
- 1 handful dried Jujube berries (optional)
1 large carrot, sliced
- Heat the oil in a large wok.
- Stir-fry the scorpions for 20 seconds.
- Add the pork, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Stir-fry briefly, then add the water slowly.
- Add the other ingredients and simmer on a low heat for 40 minutes.
Scorpions have a woody taste and should be eaten whole, except for the tip of the tail.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.